Before I start giving you the insight I’ve gained from Giovanni Dienstmann’s Master Your Mind meditation program, let me express that I still feel the best way to meditate is to practice directly under an experienced meditation guru. Maybe that’s because I had the privilege to learn under one. That was 17 years ago. And I wasn’t living in a busy city where it took at least 30 minutes to go anywhere.
If you can find a good meditation guru within a reasonable distance, by all means, do go ahead and learn personally with the guru. I guarantee you that is just the best way to learn meditation.
RECOMMENDED : A Year Of Mindfulness
But if you are living in busy cities where
- It takes forever to go anywhere(not to mention getting stuck for hours in traffic jams)
- There are no meditation gurus nearby
- The nearest meditation classes are already full
- You wanted to learn meditation at home .
- You want to do it at your own pace.
Then you probably want to look into what I’ve found a few weeks back when I was writing my post, How To Stop Being Negative.
Master Your Mind – An Online 5 Weeks Meditation Course
Product : Master Your Mind
Price : USD59
Guarantee : 30 Days Money Back
Owner : Giovanni Dienstmann
Website : liveanddare.com
My Rating : 4/5.
I found this course when I was searching for online mindfulness meditation program. I was lucky to find it as this program is quite new (launched in May 2016) but has over 200+ members so far.
Meditation has come a long way from being a religious and cultural practice that it has been used by therapists for stress and anxiety management. There are also many scientific proofs that supported the benefits of practicing meditation in our daily life. (Ok, I just realized I’m too serious when writing reviews)
Anyway, I’ve seen many beginners in Quora or Reddit trying to learn the proper technique for meditation and seriously, it’s very hard to do so without having a proper guru. So I checked this Giovanni Dienstmann out.
Who Is Giovanni Dienstmann?
Of course, the official info from his website claims he has been practicing meditation for the past 16 years (with more than 6,500 hours of practice). In his email, he signs himself as a blogger and app developer.
He specifically stated on his website that he is not a meditation guru or a spiritual master, but a practitioner hoping to share his experience to help others grow.
A further search on the internet found various meditation related articles authored by him. You can check his article More Than Meditation. Or you can check out a podcast in CourageHub featuring Giovanni himself.
Seems that Giovanni Dienstmann is legit. A further check shows that he is a certified coach at Coach.me.
A Glimpse Into Master Your Mind
Well, even if the owner himself is legit, I still find it important to check the meditation course itself (I may not have the 16 years of meditation under my belt, but I know when I spot a fake).
The 5 weeks courses are broken down into
- Counting Breaths
- Breathing Sensation
- Loving Kindness
By the way, did I tell you I enjoyed the learning platform provided by MindValley Academy? I love the simple user interface where I can keep track of my course progress. Master Your Mind offers a similar platform like this (with something better).
I like the way the courses are broken down and simplified into daily lessons. You can keep track of your progress easily.
Here’s how it looks like when you clicked into Day 1 : Setup Your Habit
It listed the step by step instruction into the PDF file, accessible via the learning interface. There are no fancy jargons here. Just plain simple instructions.
You can also play it in audio format from the icon located just after the PDF instructions. (I actually prefer the audio format)
And Here’s What Gives It An Edge Over Other Programs
Immediately after the courses, you can actually leave comments or questions and Giovanni will get back to you personally. Personally, I think this is the best you can get apart from a face to face meditation session.
And this is important because the best time to ask questions is immediately after your meditation session. That’s when your mind is still in the meditative state and you remember most of your experience.
I did check out a few of the lessons.
And Here’s How I Weigh The Program
1. The owner, Giovanni Dienstmann knows what he’s doing. The meditation instruction is clear and easy to follow.
2. For USD 59, you get to learn the basic of 4 types of meditation : mindfulness, mantra, chakra and loving kindness. It will cost you much more if you are to travel to various meditation guru.
3. Learn at your own pace. If you missed out any of the daily lessons, you can continue the next day.
4. It guides you to cultivate the right mindset for meditation. Many guides don’t do that.
5. Provides clear illustrations on posture. No more confusion on the full lotus, half lotus and Burmese sitting postures.
6. Support from Giovanni Dienstmann himself. Leave comments right after the course and he will get back to you.
7. 30 days money back guarantee. That gives you plenty of time to try out his program.
8. Direct contact with the owner, Giovanni Dienstmann.
1. I’ve said it from the start. This doesn’t replace learning face to face with a meditation guru.
2. The weekly lessons are only released according to the weeks. Meaning after you signed in, you will only get week 1 program. After 7 days you will get week 2. (I’m not really sure this is a disadvantage either, it’s really a step by step program and you won’t be tempted to skip lessons.)
Well, I can’t really think of any more cons right now. But I would like to stress that this meditation course is not for everyone.
Don’t Sign Up If You Are..
1. An experienced meditation practitioner.
2. Practicing meditation under a meditation guru.
3. Unable accept a variation of meditation methods.
Feel Free To Try Out Master Your Mind Meditation Course…
1. If you are curious what meditation is all about.
2. If you are living in busy cities and facing a high level of stress.
3. If you have read and understand meditation is a practice that promotes good physical and mental health.
4. If you are looking for an online meditation program that is simple to use.
RECOMMENDED: How To Clear Your Mind With Simple Steps, Literally
5. If you are having obsessive thoughts or sleep disorder.
6. If you want to learn 4 types of meditations in 5 weeks (mindfulness, mantra, chakra, loving kindness)
7. You are a working professional and have no time to seek out a meditation guru or it’s too far to travel. (You can check out some feedback from working professionals here).
Here’s My Final Say On Master Your Mind
It’s definitely a good online meditation course for people who want to learn meditation at their own comfort. At USD59, and learning 4 types of meditation in 5 weeks, it’s really a bargain (you know I’m right if you have been signing up courses at Mindvalley). I would highly recommend this program to you, based on my own personal meditation experience.
Here’s the site again if you want to check out more on Giovanni Dienstmann and his program.
Do you believe that meditation brings tremendous benefit to your physical and mental health? It’s a practice that is neither too young or old to start. Would you start meditating now if you know it will keep your stress level at bay and increase your productivity?